More goodies for your Orbiter installation.
- Once you have installed and tested your basic Orbiter system, there is a lot more to download and explore!
- Render engines. The Orbiter distribution now includes a Server application (orbiter_ng) that can be connected to an external render engine to make use of advanced visualisation features. New render engines are under development in the open-source Orbiter Visualisation Project (OVP). You can get the sources or pre-compiled binaries at sourceforge.
- The excellent D3D9Client is modern graphics engine replacement for Orbiter. A stable version for Orbiter 2010 is available for download. It is under active development by Jarmo Nikkanen.
- High resolution texture packs. The download mirror at downloadorbitersim.com provides high resolution texture packs for Earth, the Moon and Mars with 8 times higher resolution than the textures shipped with the basic Orbiter package.
- Sound addon. The default Orbiter installation doesn't support sound, but the Orbitersound addon from Dan's Orbiter Page offers all the sound effects you need. An essential part of the Orbiter experience!
- Loads of addons. Orbit Hangar Mods is the main repository for 3rd party Orbiter addons. You will find there anything from historic space craft to science fiction, from scenery enhancements to tutorials. And it is all free!
- More addons and other Orbiter-related sites can be found on the Links page.
- Some cool addons are featured on the Gallery pages. Follow the provided links for download locations.