Orbiter Freeware License.
The licensor of Orbiter grants you a limited non-exclusive license to use, copy and distribute Orbiter,
downloadable from orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk, without fee, for personal, educational, charity and other non-commercial use.
You agree to comply with the following conditions:
- You will not sell or auction Orbiter or any parts of it, or charge others for use of it (either for profit or merely to
recover your media and distribution costs), whether as a stand-alone product, as part of a
compilation or anthology, or included in a separate software package, without explicit prior written permission by the licensor.
- You will not remove or alter any copyright or license notices contained in the software and documentation,
or remove or alter any identifying elements, including splash screens and logos, or try to hide or reassign in any way the
name or origin of the software or any of its components.
- You will not use Orbiter or any parts of it to advertise, promote, present or sell any software or other product without
explicit prior written permission by the licensor.
- You are allowed to distribute Orbiter, as long as you do not charge any fee for the software or distribution without explicit permission by the licensor. If you offer Orbiter as an online download (Orbiter mirror site), the site must refer to the software as "Orbiter Space Flight Simulator" and contain a link to the Orbiter home page. The download and access to the download page must be unrestricted and free of charge.
- You will not modify any of the binary codes of the Orbiter software in any way. If you publish a library module for Orbiter
that uses undocumented features of the orbiter programming interface, or links to the orbiter core in an undocumented way, you
must state this in the documentation for the module, and advise users of potential incompatibility of the module with future
- You will not use Orbiter to engage in or allow others to engage in any illegal activity.
Disclaimer of warranty.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS 'AS IS' AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF