Orbiter is a free and realistic space flight simulation program for the Windows PC.
Fed up with space games that insult your intelligence and violate every law of physics? Orbiter is a simulator that gives you an idea what space flight really feels like - today and in the not so distant future. And best of all: you can download it for free!
- Launch the Space Shuttle from Kennedy Space Center and rendezvous with the International Space Station.
- Recreate historic flights with addon spacecraft packages: Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Vostok and more.
- Plan interplanetary slingshots and tour the solar system with futuristic
- Design your own rockets, or download addons created by other users.
- Learn about the concepts of space flight and orbital mechanics by playing and experimenting.
Farewell Space Shuttle!
- The final touchdown of Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center on July 21, 2011 marks the end of the era of space planes for the forseeable future. If you feel nostalgic, why not fire up your Orbiter sim: not only will the Shuttle keep flying In Orbiter's virtual skies, but you can even design and test-fly the spacecraft of the future, without budget constraints and political pressure. Show NASA how it's done!