Orbiter is a free and realistic space flight simulation program for the Windows PC.
Fed up with space games that insult your intelligence and violate every law of physics? Orbiter is a simulator that gives you an idea what space flight really feels like - today and in the not so distant future. And best of all: you can download it for free!
- Launch the Space Shuttle from Kennedy Space Center and rendezvous with the International Space Station.
- Recreate historic flights with addon spacecraft packages: Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Vostok and more.
- Plan interplanetary slingshots and tour the solar system with futuristic
- Design your own rockets, or download addons created by other users.
- Learn about the concepts of space flight and orbital mechanics by playing and experimenting.
Try the Orbiter Beta!
- The next Orbiter release is slowly taking shape, but if you want to see for yourself where development stands at the moment, simply download the latest beta version from the SVN repository. You will also need to download a few texture packs separately to get the visuals for Earth, Moon and Mars.
- If you'd rather not install the beta, you can get a glimpse of the new features by checking out the screenshot comparisons.