Downloading and installing Orbiter.
- System requirements: Make sure that your computer meets the minimum hardware requirements listed in the right column.
- Pick your installation method: Orbiter can be installed by two methods - manually by extracting a ZIP file, or automatically by running an MSI installation file.
- What's the difference?
|Manual ZIP file extraction is the traditional method for Orbiter installation. Download the ZIP file, create an Orbiter folder, and extract the contents of the ZIP file into the folder. That's all, and you are ready to launch orbiter.exe. This method is non-intrusive (it doesn't change the registry or system resources), allows multiple copies of Orbiter on a single system, and can be uninstalled by simply deleting the Orbiter folder.
||The MSI (Microsoft installer) method installs Orbiter like a normal Windows application. Just run the MSI file to start the interactive installation process. This method will automatically create a desktop shortcut and start menu entry, including an uninstall option. This method is easy to use, but a bit more restrictive.
- Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/Win7
- 1.2 GHz Pentium or equivalent processor
- 512 MB system RAM
- DirectX 7 or newer
- DirectX compatible graphics card with 64 MB of memory
- Approx. 120 MB free hard disk space for minimum installation.